Friday, June 07, 2013

Outdoor Painting

We stained the deck a few weeks ago.  The kids wanted to help so much, but I didn't want to have to give them a turpentine bath!  So, I got out the Tempera powder paints and mixed up individual buckets of paint for each color.  I only buy blue, red and yellow because I can get all the other colors by mixing those three.  Quickyn by now knows that blue and red make her favorite color, purple.  But she doesn't have the others down.  I love to watch them get excited when I add water to the blue and yellow powder and green shows up!  I had two extra boards from making the sandbox last year and had Bill pull them out onto the lawn.  The kids each got their own board to paint while we stained the deck.  It was great fun and we didn't hear a peep for about 40 minutes, then the green ran out.  The best part, it washes off with water! 









No comments: