Thursday, May 30, 2013

Big Doings

Over the past few months we've had a few events that I felt needed to be noted. 

First we had Oden's big day.  He turned 3 in April!  He is growing up way too fast.  Thanks to Grandma Sheryl for the adorable monster cake.  He still talks about it. 




Quickyn had her very first dance recital in April.  We are so proud of you!  She isn't afraid of getting up on a big stage and performing in front of a large crowd.  I think I would have been sick to my stomach!

Then Quickyn turned 5 in May!  Woo Hoo!  I was just starting to feel better and managed to get her birthday dress (was supposed to be an Easter dress) finished just in time.  She picked out the fabric and it turned out better than I ever expected. 



About a week ago Quickyn graduated from Pre-Kindergarten.  He teacher prepared an entire graduation program for these little guys.  It has been a great thing for her.  She is very social and we feel this has given her a leg up for Kindergarten.  She passed her Kindergarten screening test with flying colors!  She only argued with the counselor once about the letter "L".  Apparently the font they chose gave it a little bit of a curvy look and she argued that it wasn't right, so she missed that one!  Now we have the summer to keep working with her.  She loves to learn and would spend all day moving from letters to numbers to math to art, etc.  Bill has been really great at teaching her math.  She enjoys telling me how much this plus this is or that minus that is.  She is doing it all the time with everything.  She counts her money and her dolls and she tells me how much more she has compared to Oden.  She is trying to understand time and money now.  She wants to know the prices and what it means and what time it is or how long it is going to be.  We just had a very long conversation on what "right now" means.  It really makes you step back and realize that these little children really do have to be given the time and patience to understand.  They have to learn everything and I as a parent have to remember that and slow down, break it down, and explain it.  But it is so rewarding when I do.  They pick up on things so quick when given the chance. 

Other things in the news: 

My sister graduated from U of U with her Master's in Social Work.  I am so incredibly impressed.  A lot of hard work while trying to raise a family. 

I finished my second lap quilt just before the morning sickness set in.  It was a gift for my mom's birthday.  I really enjoy making quilts for people.  Who doesn't need a blanket to snuggle up in every now and then?  I just wish I were faster.  I'm lucky to get one lap quilt and one table runner done each year. 



Bill has been all over the place and continues to do so.  He went to Moab with some of the other teachers to see if it would be a place to hold next years science trip instead of Yellowstone.  He had a great time!  I was so jealous.  I've been there once and loved it.  He also went to Yellowstone for this years science trip.  He said it was by far the best trip yet.  He will be traveling to Castle Dale in a week or so to take a Physics course on electricity.  I wish I could go with him, but it is a very small town with only one motel, not hotel, and the students have to share rooms to make enough space for everyone.  Not my idea of fun. 

Oh, we bought a van!  Probably a good idea.  3 car seats in the back of a little car would have been interesting.  So love the van.

So that wraps up the past few months.  We love you all so very much.  We miss those of you who live so far away and think of you often.



Bri, Bill, Q and O.

No comments: