I managed to drop a brand new gallon of milk onto my tile kitchen floor....yeah....it burst open and started spewing milk all over. Of course I had to leave to go get Quickyn from preschool five minutes ago. I quickly laid towels down and then Oden and I rushed to go pick her up. I got home and had to mop that whole section of the floor.
While I was mopping Oden found his safety scissors and started cutting up some paper. I don't mind this because it is good practice for those motor skills. So I get into cleaning the floor and the walls (yes, it got on the walls too) and then Oden comes up and says, "Mommy, my socks are in pieces."
Ice rain! We had ice rain for a few days around the middle of the month. Bill got up to drive to work and he said the rain would hit his windshield and immediately turn into ice! He was going about 30 the whole way and used up all his wiper fluid to get there. We've also had more snow than we have ever seen since moving here. Bill shoveled the driveway a whopping total of 1 time last winter. This winter we are already up to 8. It would be more, but when the freezing rain hit it wasn't worth trying to shovel frozen snow.
Poor Bill, he also drove to work when a big snow storm hit us this last Sunday/Monday. He has to climb up a pretty steep hill right next to the school to get to the parking lot. He turned up the hill and couldn't make it and started slipping backward. But, luckily a guy with a big truck was turning up behind him and carefully pulled up to his bumper and pushed him up the hill. He was so relieved. When he called me I asked him why he didn't have it in 4 wheel drive. He forgot about that. I don't know much about 4 wheel drive. Maybe it wouldn't have helped him all that much anyway.
I love being married to a science geek! Bill had our entire kitchen counter taken over with electrical "stuff" and potatoes last night. He was making circuits with potatoes. His potatoe clock didn't work, but it looks like it is 20 years old. Then he took the clock apart to find out why it didn't work and got into explaining liquid crystal displays. I was so tired I don't think I understood half of it, but he sure was fascinated.
Other than those fun little things we've been widdling away the time stuck inside with organizing, sewing, crafting, and playing. The kids have covered our kitchen windows with hearts and love to create valentines. What kids doesn't love the holidays!
| Superman and Princess Aurora writing "secret messages" |
| Making Valentines |
| Sweet Oden |
| Snow! |
I love this time of year because things slow down for me until about mid March. I am enjoying having time to work on some projects and not feel rushed. Here's to a cold, and somewhat peaceful start to the New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment