I had a wonderful birthday a few weeks ago. Bill splurged and got me a Kindle. I absolutely LOVE it! My favorite part of this birthday was the cake Quickyn picked out for me. I was planning on baking a little cake, but then some friends of mine came over to spend the afternoon and I didn't want to be baking while they were there, so Bill took the kids to the store to pick up a cake. Quickyn picked out a little white frosted cake with pink frosted edges that had Disney Princess rings all over the top. She comes home and tells me that she picked it out for me and was so excited to show me all the princesses. Of course I had to wear one for the rest of the evening, but it eventually found its way into her dress-up box. Priceless. I will always remember that cake.
I loved having time to be with friends and family that night. My parents invited us to birthday dinner at their all time favorite restaurant, the Timbermine, in Ogden. It was so wonderful. I can't even consider my year as complete without one dinner there. Yum! I even got the chance to talk with Heidi when she and Bill Sr. stopped by to drop off a present. We haven't made it over to see them as often as we used to so it was a nice treat to talk with her. By-the-way Bill, Dad, I love the book! Historical fiction is one of my weaknesses.
So, a great birthday.
Quickyn went on her first field trip that same week. Her preschool class visited the Fire Station and learned about fire safety and met Sparky the firestation dog. She thought she was so cool!
I will also never forget Quickyn when we went to the Timbermine. After being seated she immediately tried to get the waitress's attention, "excuse me, ma'am.....excuse me, ma'am". She needed a booster seat, can't forget that. Thanks to Mom and Dad for being so patient with our kids, they had a great time.
I've been trying to get back into my painting and have been working on a few projects. They aren't paintings, exactly. I like to think they are part painting, part craft.
 |
| Hand Print on Canvas and Fabric Trees |
These were a lot of fun. I think any art that involves children and family is a lot of fun! You can't see it in the picture, but the background on the canvas is mostly brown, but I also blended in a little green and cream to match our living room. Then I had us all make handprints on them. Oden was the most difficult, he thought it was more fun to smear the paint all over, so I had to redo his twice before we got it right. The fabric trees are a cool. I was sceptical at first, but once you add a little ribbon they are cute. I still have the tallest one, in green, to finish.
 |
| Scorpio Word Panel |
This one I made for my sister's birthday. Again, the picture does it no justice. I could not find a decent place to take this picture and we had to rush because I needed to wrap it and get out the door in the next five minutes! The background has some very deep reds mixed in with the black to add some depth instead of just a flat black. I had to use stencils and also free hand paint the letters. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. For those of you who don't know, my sister really enjoys astrology in all its forms. She is a scorpio, so I put together this list of words that are part of the scorpio personality. I painted them in scorpio colors too. I'm just so mad I didn't get a decent picture of it.
 |
| "Gifts" |
These "presents" I actually painted last year. They were a lot of fun. The picture doesn't show it, but the "wrapping paper" has a texture to it that is really cool. Bill hung them up for me, the bottom picture shows his version of straight! We laugh because we both think we know what straight means. I have a lot more ideas and Bill is being understanding of the messes and craziness when I get creative. I hope to show you more as I get them completed.
Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Hope you all enjoy the holiday. Lots of Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment